When I started Sun & Moon Healing Arts in 2013 my main goal was to offer holistic services that bring support and care to my clients. After a lot of thought and reflection I have decided to reopen in order to continue providing this support. I look forward to seeing everyone again and welcoming new clients to my practice as well.
There are several new guidelines and protocols that will be implemented to ensure a safe environment for us all.
1. Symptoms: If you are experiencing ANY symptoms of illness, including fever, headache, chills, cough, sneezing, (allergies will be included in prohibited conditions), digestive illness, or are not feeling well or have been in contact with someone who is sick or has recently travelled (within the past 14 days), I ask that we reschedule your appointment. I will be sure to do the same.
2. Immunocompromised: If you or anyone in your family are immunocompromised, or you live with those in a vulnerable population, we should reschedule your appointment; it is not worth the risk.
3. Waiver: You (the client) will have to sign a COVID-19 Waiver when or before you come in for your appointment, indicating that while all precautionary measures are being taken you acknowledge the risk of receiving a massage and possible transmission.
4. Masks: You must come into the building wearing a mask and must keep the mask on throughout your massage therapy session and the time you spend in the office. I have special masks being made for you to be used during your session so that I can access your face a bit. My esthetician created them for the spa industry and they are reusable for your massage sessions. The only exception will be when you are face down on the massage table. Below your face cradle will be a washable shield. As soon as you turn over on your back, the facemask must be reapplied. Throughout the entire session I will be wearing a mask as well.
5. Pre/Post Session Cleaning: I have always maintained high standards when it comes to hygiene practices pre/post all appointments. Safety of my clients is the utmost importance to me, especially during the current challenging circumstances. To ensure a safe environment for all I will disinfect every surface area with a government approved cleaner/disinfectant. All bottles, containers, pens & pencils in addition to all surfaces, faucets, door handles, toilet, etc.will be carefully wiped prior to each session. All linens are being required to be sent to a laundry service for cleaning and sanitizing. I will only have a sheet covering the table and a flannel sheet to cover you. If you require a blanket, please bring your own freshly laundered blanket.
6. Hygiene/Hand Washing/Shower: Prior to getting on the massage table you will be required to sanitize your hands.
7. Air Filtration: To improve safety measures against COVID-19, I have introduced an air filtration device in my space, the Coway Airmega 200M Hepa Air Purifier 10.
Special Note: It has been highly recommended, with all the new guidelines, that if you are over the age of 65, or in a vulnerable population; or live with someone in those categories, that you forgo massage therapy for now. This is not a requirement, but a strong suggestion from our governing board. Please take it into consideration.
Stay healthy & well. Namaste.
View List of Treatments